I had consulted Steven at the Writing Center on Sunday. He gave me a lot of great advice for not only writing this essay, but for future essays. The first piece of advice he gave me was to always read your essays aloud and if it does not sound like the way you talk then it probably needs further work. He said to always try and make your essays sound as much like you as possible. He also pointed out that I used the work it too much. He suggested that I not do that and try to explain what it is. Steven also suggested that I try and make better transitions from one subject to another. He also suggested that I be a little more organized when I write. I thought the experience overall was very helpful. I had someone look my essay over prior to sending it to the Writing Center and it was helpful to get another person’s perspective on it. It also forced me to change my thesis statement. The one that I had originally I thought was good, but Steven had suggested that my final paragraph would make a better thesis statement. So that was nice to have someone suggested that for me because that is one of things that still confuses me a little bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment