Monday, September 12, 2011

Lesson 3 Journal Entry

"September 11 Memorial to replace 'Ground Zero' officially?

I personally think it should not be called Ground Zero anymore. By calling it Ground Zero it is referring to what it was at the time that happened and not what it is now which is memorial site.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg would like for people to stop referring to Ground Zero as Ground Zero and start calling it by what it is The World Trade Center and the National September 11th Memorial and Museum. Many New Yorkers agree with him and have so for years. He is not asking people to forget what happened there, instead to make a place to come and remember what happened there. Although the museum will not open until September 2012 the park and the two large pools are open. 

1 comment:

  1. I did not know there was a controversy, so thanks for enlightening me. I agree, Ground Zero is a poor name.

    ReplyDelete