Who is the audience for your essay?
It is for a slightly resistant one
What is the thesis of essay?
It is how universal health would have a negative impact on our country
Does it include the claim and 3 supporting reasons to make it a strong thesis?
I think it does by stating how universal health care would have a negative impact on our economy and our country.
Can the audience be swayed by your claim and reasons? Why or why not? Tell why each reason is strong enough to sway a person to your way of thinking.
I think so because it brings up some good points not only for our country but how it is in the countries that currently have it. The first point is some proposed ways of how universal health care would be paid for by either raising taxes or have to cut back in other areas. The second reason being that we would have a decline in patient care and long wait periods is based off of how it is in some countries especially Canada. The third reason is how some people could choose to abuse the program by living a more extreme lifestyle than they normally would because the know that they will be covered medically if they ever got hurt. I think they those three points may be strong enough for a person who thinks that universal health care would be a good idea to may reconsider it.
I posted on Panama John’s blog lesson 9.
Sounds like you have a great plan and a very interesting essay topic. I agree with you about feeling pressure about how many points the one essay is worth, but as you said it seems to broken up and hopefully that will help. Good luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment