Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Lesson 5

Which of the techniques for generating ideas for essays has been most valuable to you? Why? Give an example from the writing you have done so far. Which technique would you choose not to use again? Why?

The most valuable technique that I use to write essays is free writing. I like it because I can just wright down my ideas and not have to worry about if my grammar or punctuations are correct. I can just focus on the topic of the essay and try to generate ideas for it.

What have you learned about the writing process and/or about yourself during this lesson?

During this assignment I learned how to do several outlines that before I did not know how to do or just forgot because it has been so long since I have taken an English class.

What have you learned about your instructor's expectations of you?

I think that my professor at this point does not expect perfection but is preparing us for our final essay that is needed to be error free. When there are errors that are made on essays she gives helpful advice to help correct the problem and prepare for the future essay.

Comment on any problems you had with outlining

The only problem that I had with any of the outlines was with the classical outline. It was a little difficult because of not having enough information to try and come up with ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Did you try freewriting, or brainstorming, or asking others for help with ideas?

    ReplyDelete